July 9, 1931: "The Forest Service maintains a lookout on Pumice Butte." (Lake County Examiner)
1932: Lightning protection was installed on the tower.
August 5, 1933: Panorama photos taken by Reino Sarlin. May 17, 1934: Panorama photos taken by Robert Snyder and James Rittenhouse.
1940: The lookout was staffed for 90 days and reported to the Walker Range Patrol in LaPine. Communications for this Co-op station was by telephone only.
1942: A memo from E. J. Rogers, Silver Lake District Ranger to the Forest Supervisor shows that the height of the tower was 61’11” from ground to floor of the cab. 7/16 galvanized cable was used for the guys. The guy cable sag was not to exceed three inches.
1956: The air marking number assigned this station was F-2.