November 11, 1933: "With Keith Young made a trip to the top of Beaver Hill. '35' Cat. And bulldozer attachment has constructed about 200 feet of road. There is a total of 1/4 mile cleared of stumps. A total distance to where the lookout will be built from the road is about 5900 feet. The road is very well located and the construction should be rapid." (Samuel L. Miller Field Report)
December 1933: "Another lookout tower and roadway construction has been started. This is known as the Beaver Hill Lookout, southwest of Marshfield." (The Forest Log)
1934: A 50-foot tower with an L-4 cab was constructed by men from the Coquille CCC camp.
August 16, 1935: Panorama photos taken by S.L.M.
October 10, 1936: "A lookout at Beaver Hill south of Coos Bay beat back flames which threatened his tower late yesterday." (Roseburg News-Review)
May 11, 1942: "This observation post was visited on May 2nd. Has a 50-foot log tower with 14x14 Aladdin cabin. Needs a combination heating and cook stove for winter use. The garage can be fixed up for sleeping quarters and the cab in the tower used for living quarters. Tower is pretty shaky, however, and the O.P. is subjected to heavy winds. During windstorms the tower is not suited for airplane spotting. Observers have encountered no trouble in keeping the cabin warm but state that it leaks around the windows during driving rainstorms. Double windows will quite likely eliminate this fault." (Inspection report from W.N. Parke, AWS Inspector, to James Frankland, USFS)
September 11, 1942: A report from W.N. Parke, AWS Inspector, states that a 20x12 portable building, sealed and double walled, was nearly completed.
May 1, 1944: Aircraft Warning Service Station 'Baker 4-0' utilized existing structure on Coos County land. The AWS added a portable Civilian Conservation Corps building, the only costs to the Service was for labor. At the end of service the improvements were retained by the state. (from the Report of AWS Stations)
1948: The lookout was staffed at half time, staffing cost was $252.17. (Oregon Department of Forestry Annual Report - 1948)
c.1950: The lookout reported to the Marshfield Headquarters via West Coast Telephone and by radio.
1958: A 40-foot tower was constructed.
October 12, 1962: The heavy winds during the Columbus Day storm destroyed the tower.