July 2, 1942: "A small lightning fire was reported from Bone Point this week." (The Record-Courier)
c.1947: The state purchased 10 surplus towers from airfields used during the World War Two era. One of them being a 30-foot steel structure placed at Bone Point.
1954: Sealed the lookout cab with plywood and painted the interior. Rock was blasted near the top in order to make the road wider and safer to get supplies to the lookout.
The NGS Data Sheet
DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1946 (DHK) STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 4 MILES WEST OF DALE AND ABOUT 11-1/2 MILES SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF UKIAH, IN THE WHITMAN NATIONAL FOREST ON THE MOUNTAIN LOCALLY KNOWN AS BONE POINT. IT IS A STANDARD FOREST SERVICE LOOKOUT TOWER OF WOOD CONSTRUCTION AND ABOUT 40 FEET HIGH. IT WAS CONNECTED BY TRAVERSE TO TRIANGULATION STATION BONE 1946. CENTER OF BASE OF TOWER WAS THE POINT MEASURED TO. THE CENTER OF THE TOWER IS NOT OVER THE U.S. FOREST SERVICE BRONZE DISK STAMPED--BONE POINT L.O.T. 1936. A POSITION BUT NO DESCRIPTION WAS AVAILABLE FOR THIS STATION SO THAT IT IS BELIEVED THAT THIS IS A NEW U.S.C. AND G.S. STATION.