1929: The lookout's shelter was located about 150 feet east of the lookout point. The shelter was approximately 16 by 12 feet of pole frame covered with shakes and had a dirt floor. The cooking was done over a campfire outside. (Reminiscences of Charles W. Neal, 1992)
July 13, 1931: "Mr. and Mrs. Robert Paulson and Mr. and Mrs. Dean Paulson went to Cinder Prairie lookout in the Diamond lake district last Friday, Dean Paulson has charge of the Cinder Prairie lookout and went on duty the last of the week." (Roseburg News-Review)
1933: A L-4 lookout house was constructed by the CCC.
July 31 & August 2, 1933: Panorama photos taken by Robert Cooper & Lester Moe.
1934: A pasture fence was built by felling trees in a windrow fashion. This fence had three gates and cost $2.83. (Umpqua National Forest files)
July 3, 1953: "Bob Housley, son of Mr. and Mrs. Melvin Housley, and student at Reed College, is employed for the summer by the Forest Service. He will be a lookout at Cinder Prairie." (The News-Review)
September 18, 1953: "Bruce Voeller, Bob Housley and Frank West will begin classes at Reed next week. Bruce and Bob have spent the summer working for the forestry department; the former at the Camas Ranger station, and Bob at the Cinder Prairie Lookout in the Big Camas District." (The News-Review)
August 9, 1958: "Joe Sand and his son, Glenn, hiked in to see Joe Russell on Saturday. Joe is stationed at Cinder Prairie lookout. They were able to drive in as far as Trail Water Lake and walk the rest of the way." (The News-Review)
August 15, 1958: "Joe Sand was home overnight this past week with his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Joe Sand, Glenn and Stevie. He is stationed at Cinder Prairie Lookout Station." (The News-Review)