1922: A one room shake sided lookout dwelling was constructed for $34.07. (Umpqua National Forest files)
1932: The spring was developed at a cost of $15.00. The work included a 20-foot section of half inch pipe leading to a trough from the spring. (Umpqua National Forest files)
August 15, 1933: Panorama photos taken by Lester Moe & James Rittenhouse.
March 20, 1934: "Continued dry weather and low humidity has forced the forest service to man two of its lookout stations, it was announced today. An observer has been sent to Callahan station. Callahan lookout is situated three miles from Tiller. CCC men from the Devil's Flat camp are being used as observers." (Roseburg News-Review)
2007: The lookout tree is still standing, most of the improvements have long ago decayed.