August 24, 1932: "New lookout houses will be built at He-He mountain, Sardine butte, Holland Meadows, Eagle's Rest, Pack Saddle mountain and Hemlock mountain." (The Eugene Guard)
1933: A 10x10 Alladin L-5 ground cabin was constructed.
June 11, 1934: Panorama photos taken by Robert Cooper.
April 1938: " The strong arm of Uncle Sam fell on Jack Warren of Fall Creek, Oregon, March 4, when, by jury trial in Justice of the Peace Bryson’s court at Eugene, he was found guilty of possession of stolen Forest Service property. The stolen property was an electric lantern stamped U.S. Forest Service, which he evidently had taken from Eagle’s Rest lookout house after gaining unlawful entrance some time during the fall of 1937." (Six Twenty-Six)
1971: The lookout was removed.
National Geodetic Survey
DESIGNATION - EAGLE REST PID - PC0879 STATE/COUNTY- OR/LANE COUNTRY - US USGS QUAD - MOUNT JUNE (1986)
DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1953 (CTH) THE STATION IS LOCATED 6 MILES SOUTHEAST OF DEXTER, AND 7 MILES SOUTH OF LOWELL, ON A ROCKY PROMINENT POINT LOCALLY KNOWN AS EAGLE REST.
REACHED FROM THE CROSSROAD IN MERIDIAN, WHICH IS 0.5 MILE EAST OF DEXTER ON OLD HIGHWAY 58, BY GOING SOUTH ON LOST CREEK ROAD FOR 4.8 MILES TO A FORK, AND THE ZION CHURCH ON THE RIGHT, TAKE LEFT FORK, AND GO 0.65 MILE TO A FORK, TAKE LEFT FORK, AND GO 0.5 MILE TO A FORK, TAKE RIGHT FORK, AND GO 1.65 MILES TO A FORK, TAKE LEFT FORK, AND GO 0.8 MILE TO A FORK, TAKE RIGHT FORK, AND GO 0.1 MILE TO A FORK, TAKE LEFT FORK, AND GO 1.8 MILES TO THE END OF TRUCK TRAVEL, AND THE END OF THE EAGLE REST TRAIL, WHICH IS ABOUT 200 FEET BEFORE REACHING ANOTHER FORK. FROM THE SIGN EAGLE REST TRAIL PACK WESTERLY FOLLOWING SIGNS TO TOP OF HILL, AND STATION SITE. PACK TIME 45 MINUTES.